Tuesday, April 19, 2011

mark my words




I'm determined to get my craft on after having had a very long hiatus from anything handmade. The time has come where things feel settled enough to afford me the time to work towards a project. So after spotting some very cute knitted baby socks made by Evie of Handmade Romance, I followed her links to find the pattern over at The Purl Bee.

Now, my knitting repertoire is limited consisting of simple scarfs and a few beanies so I'm setting myself a challenge here. With the help of Youtube, I'm going to try to make these booties for Luka. I did attempt to make some socks a couple of weeks ago, without much success but it's warmed me up. So mark my words this project will be attempted. It may not work or maybe it will. I'll show you my progress along the way.

Look at these lovelies too.

Image Credits: The Purl Bee

7 comments:

Tania said...

Those are the words of a craft re-awakened, determined soul! And they would look mighty cute to boot...

CHOCHI said...

so so cute! amazing blog!!

Genki said...

These are so cute! You can do it.

Rie said...

They are so cute!! Keep going, you are your own inspiration!

Yvette said...

Good luck on the booties!

Evie said...

my knitting skills are very basic so im sure you can do these too! the thing i struggled with the most was keeping my tension the same for both feet ; ) have fun x

fifi said...

goodluck! i know you can do it! i have a four month old baby that seems allergic to sleep so crafting can be tricky but oh so nice in the rare quiet moments. enjoy! and be kind to yourself if you make a few mess-ups!